About the Course
One of the most prestigious credentials in the industry, the GIA Graduate Gemologist® program gives you the comprehensive knowledge of diamonds and colored stones you need to succeed anywhere in the jewelry business. You’ll gain both technical expertise and practical skills to evaluate gemstones by the 4Cs (color, clarity, cut, and carat weight), the International Diamond Grading System™, and the Colored Stone Grading System.
Your collection is already set up for you with fields and content. Add your own content or import it from a CSV file. Add fields for any type of content you want to display, such as rich text, images, and videos. Be sure to click Sync after making changes in a collection, so visitors can see your newest content on your live site.
- Develop in-depth, hands-on experience with the GIA International Diamond Grading System™ and the
- 4Cs (color, clarity, cut and carat weight)
- Grade diamonds in the D-to-Z color range
- Build a knowledge base about colored stones and the colored stone market
- Use gemological equipment effectively to identify gemstones
- Use the GIA Colored Stone Grading System to evaluate gemstone quality
- Identify gemstone characteristics, simulants and treatments, and recognize when advanced testing is required
- Understand how gems are mined, fashioned and brought to the marketplace
- Recognize how quality, rarity and color affect value
- Determine how market factors affect gem value
Gemological Institute of America (GIA)
Stablished in 1931, GIA is the world’s foremost authority on diamonds, colored stones, and pearls. A public benefit, nonprofit institute, GIA is the leading source of knowledge, standards, and education in gems and jewelry.
OGP is merely acting as a collector's group in recommending that you research for a professional gem identification course; there are no fees associated with this recommendation. Please visit the GIA website to register if you are interested in having your jewellery appraised by the highly regarded and well-known GIA, which we highly recommend.